Prepare the Heater With Professional Maintenance
Summer is almost over, and that means cooling bills will be dropping. Homeowners look forward to these few months of reprieve before heating bills start rising. What is the best way to ensure that heating bills stay reasonable? Fall heater maintenance.
Heater maintenance is a great investment for families looking to keep the budget in check this year. Heater maintenance saves money and gives homeowners the confidence that their heater is ready for winter. Here are a few tips from local experts to encourage homeowners to schedule fall heater maintenance.
Perks of Heater Maintenance
Heater maintenance is critical for homeowners looking to get better performance from their heaters. Performance can be broken down into three categories:
- Efficiency: Better efficiency means lower heating bills. Heater maintenance ensures that heaters run at peak efficiency, so savings don’t compromise comfort.
- Reliability: Heaters that are regularly maintained are more reliable, meaning they have fewer problems. They will also last longer, meaning homeowners will have to replace their furnaces less often.
- Cost: Cost not only covers the money saved with increased efficiency. It also covers the savings of not having to pay unnecessary repair bills when things go wrong. Heater maintenance is a service that pays for itself over the heating season, so deciding to schedule it is a no-brainer.
What’s Covered in Heater Maintenance?
Heater maintenance is a comprehensive program that covers every aspect of the heater. Some of the things an HVAC maintenance professional will cover during a heater maintenance visit are:
- Clean and inspect the burner to ensure good operation
- Inspect and clean the blower for efficient air movement
- Check electrical connections
- Inspect visible ductwork
- Verify the operation of the thermostat
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clean air filters and coils
Once heater maintenance is done, homeowners can expect their heater to last through the winter with no problems and reasonable energy bills.
Is It Too Early?
Nope. It’s not too early unless you have a heat pump system. This time of year is perfect for heater maintenance. HVAC maintenance should take place twice per year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Spring maintenance prepares the AC for the upcoming summer and tunes up the heater, while fall maintenance ensures the AC can finish out the season and prepares the heater for the winter. Having a professional do fall maintenance on the heater is the best investment a homeowner can make in ensuring their heater will be problem-free all winter. If your unit is a heat pump system, we cannot perform maintenance until the temperatures cool down into the 60s.
Why is the end of summer/pre-fall the best time? Heater maintenance technicians reach a lull at the end of the summer. Most of the problems that keep them busy during the summer have already been taken care of, and no problems have manifested in heaters yet, so they have plenty of time. This time allows them to thoroughly care for heaters scheduled for maintenance and take care of any potential problems. Getting ahead of the rush ensures that heaters are maintained and given a clean bill of health before the weather changes.
About A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions
A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions has been in the business of energy conservation since the 1970s. They provide flat-rate pricing, financing, and fast, friendly service. Call them today for an award-winning heater maintenance and repair service in Austin, TX.