Basics of Professional Home Remodeling
Purchasing a home is the biggest investment most people will make. Protecting that investment is important to preserving the value that homeowners have in the home. Remodeling a home can help increase a home’s value and make it more comfortable and stylish to live in. While DIYers love to tackle simple home renovations, professional home renovations can be less stressful and get completed in better time than DIY projects.
In this article, professional renovators share their experiences with local homeowners, focusing on remodeling projects that increase the value of a home can help homeowners maximize the value of their investment over the years.
Ideas for Home Remodeling
Small home remodels may focus on just updating a single room in the house. Larger scale remodels that add more value can focus on things like:
- Updating flooring
- Replacing windows with more energy-efficient models
- Adding new rooms onto a house
- Adding a deck or replacing a fence
By updating aspects of the whole home, the value is better preserved, and it gives a more cohesive feel to the home as a whole. Such additions to a home can greatly increase its value when the homeowner is planning on selling. If the homeowner plans to stay, they still have the value and the pride of having a beautifully updated home.
Kitchen Updates During Remodeling
A home remodel wouldn’t be complete without some updates to the kitchen. When updating a kitchen, it’s important to pay attention to style and functionality. Some great ways to update a kitchen are:
- Upgrading countertops and backsplash
- Installing new appliances, especially stoves and fridges
- Changing out light fixtures and adding lighting to make cooking easier
- Removing a wall to open the space up
- Painting cabinets or replacing them with open-concept shelving
- Replacing kitchen sinks and adding new fixtures and pot-fillers
Remodeling for Better Bathrooms
- Accessibility: With an aging population, one of the biggest concerns will be making homes safe for people with limited mobility. Updating a bathroom to make it more accessible can keep aging family members safe while increasing the home’s value.
- Updating Fixtures: Fixtures are a small budget item that can totally transform a bathroom. Updating sinks, faucets, and shower hardware can make an old space feel new again.
- Install New Lighting: Light fixtures are one of the first things to become outdated in a bathroom. New fixtures are cheap and can allow homeowners to focus on energy efficiency.
- Change the Layout: Gutting a bathroom allows for the opportunity to rearrange the bathroom to a more user-friendly layout. Moving toilets and bathtubs can increase the usable space or will enable the homeowner to install a stylish walk-in shower.
About A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions
A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions has been helping Austin homeowners renovate their homes for over 40 years. They offer a wide array of renovation services at competitive prices. Homeowners get their value from the experienced technicians at A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions.