Does your AC system take forever to cool? It may have a refrigerant leak. At A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions, we have been bringing residents quality refrigerant leak repairs since 1977. We are a licensed and insured HVAC company providing heating and cooling services, including freon recharge and replacement.
An AC refrigerant leak requires professional attention. It involves patching the hole from where the freon is leaking. A contractor who merely recharges your AC with more Freon is not resolving the problem. You need to repair the hole inside the coil from which the refrigerant escapes, otherwise the problem will continue and cause further damage to your HVAC system.
We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have received Angie’s List Super Service Award. Call us at the first sign of a refrigerant leak.
Eliminate costly energy bills with a new AC installation by licensed experts in Austin.
5 Signs of an AC Refrigerant Leak
So, how do you know if you have a refrigerant leak? Below are some of the more common signs that may require expert service:
- Loss of cooling power: If your refrigerant levels are low or depleted, your AC will have to work harder and your home will take longer to cool.
- Not blowing cool air: If the air coming from your registers is not as cold as they should be, a refrigerant leak may be the cause.
- The indoor unit: As freon leaks through cracks in the coils, you may hear a gurgling sound, the problem is more serious.
- Frozen coils: Refrigerant coils will not absorb heat if the refrigerant levels are low, thus resulting in condensation and freezing of the coils. This can lead to system failure and expensive repairs.
- High energy bills: Refrigerant leaks will cause your unit to run longer. This uses more energy which boosts energy costs.
Refrigerant leaks should be repaired quickly because Freon is hazardous to the environment and can erode the ozone. At A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions, your safety and well-being is our number one priority. We know how to properly repair refrigerant leaks following all safety precautions. Give us a call if you suspect a Freon leak in your HVAC system.
Freon inspections are an essential part of our AC maintenance plans at A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions!
Repair or Recharge It?
There are still some homeowners who think that when the refrigerant level in your AC is low, all that is needed is to add more. This couldn’t be more wrong. You can add more refrigerant if you like, but the leak will continue until you fix the hole from which the Freon escapes.
At A-Plus Air Conditioning & Home Solutions, we have the skill and experience it takes to spot and repair refrigerant leaks in your AC system. Call us today to schedule an inspection.