Now that we are (hopefully) done with triple digits, it’s time to adjust our AC units and energy consumption patterns. As you get ready to usher in the autumn weather, read through A-Plus Energy Management, Air Conditioning & Home Solutions‘ fall energy conservation suggestions:
- Turn your AC up to at least 78 degrees. Most of us like it chilly inside when it’s sweltering outside, but once it
starts cooling off outside, you can save up to 8 percent per degree on your energy bill. The following tips will make this change even more effective.
- Replace your filters: chances are there’s a bunch of dust and particles trapped in there after months of heavy summer usage. Changing filters will knock a few extra bucks off your bill and prevent a portion of the allergens and pollens that are in the air from sneaking into your home.
- Make sure air vents aren’t being blocked by furniture, drapes, or other objects. Also, clear the vents of dust, hair, and debris for maximum efficiency.
- Check your insulation: Seal windows, heating and cooling ducts to ensure constant interior temperatures. This could even be a fun DIY project for your family!
- Be proactive: tune up or replace inefficient heating and cooling devices with new ones ahead of time. Should that cool front come in earlier than expected, you’ll be ready. Look for Energy Star qualified products as they’re guaranteed to run more efficiently and cut your bill.
Some of these steps are more involved than others, but that’s where we come in: A-Plus Energy Management, Air Conditioning & Home Solutions offers home solutions at affordable prices. We will gladly inspect and tune up your AC, radiator, and furnace, insulate your house, and advise you on the best heating and cooling options for your home. We are one quick phone call away and service the greater Austin area including Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Pflugerville, and Lakeway. Call us at 512-450-1980.