Your duct system plays an instrumental role in terms of the air quality in your home, as it directs conditioned air where you want it to go. Especially in older homes, duct systems may be inefficient, damaged, over- or undersized, poorly designed and/or installed improperly, or of low quality, thus compromising the air that you breathe.
Good ductwork is sealed, tested for tightness, and insulated to values recommended for your area. Leaks in your duct system can cause increased levels of particles, allergens, and dust, as well as heightened humidity in your home, loss of energy and, consequently, elevated energy bills.
How do you know if your ductwork is not performing correctly or has issues?
- If your home feels clammy and muggy and you’re constantly adjusting your temperature levels to counteract indoor humidity
- If the air flow in your home feels stagnant despite the blower being on
- If the temperature your thermostat is showing doesn’t align with the way the air feels in your house
- If you’re sneezing or feel congested due to dust and allergens in the air in your home
- If you constantly hear your HVAC unit kick on and you feel like it’s working overtime
If any or all of these indicators apply, it may be time to update your air duct system. A-Plus Energy Management, Air Conditioning, and Home Solutions can fix this problem with an Energy Star home energy audit. The first thing we do is run diagnostics to identify the issue. Then, we recommend solutions ranging from modification to replacement. When we’re done, you and your family will breathe fresher, healthier air, feel more comfortable, and save money on energy bills.
Now that summer is knocking on your door, don’t delay having A-Plus Energy Management, Air Conditioning, and Home Solutions perform an energy audit to identify and resolve potential issues. We proudly serve Austin and its surrounding areas, and are one quick phone call away. Dial (512) 450-1980 to set up your appointment today!